The Contributors Channels section is used to control which contributors will be able to work on a job. The Contributors page is located in Settings > Contributors. It contains four options: launch the job internally, externally, both internally and externally or through custom channels.
- Only people with the internal job link are able to access and work in the job
- To share the job copy the link underneath Link To Share or at the bottom of the Monitor page
- This feature is particularly useful for:
- Testing the job from the perspective of a contributor
- Completing remaining pending judgments in a specific job
- Distributing work to an internal workforce
- Work completed through the internal channel will not have any job
Note: For more information about the Internal Channel Option please check out this article.
Fig. 1: Allowing Only Internal Contributors to Access The Job
- Target different levels to fit the need of the job
- Level 1 is the largest contributor pool. Targeting level 1 contributors can help increase the throughput of a job
- Level 3 is the most experienced set of contributors. This is the smallest set of contributors but they are the most experienced.
- Click on the 'Select Channels' button to see the full list of contributors. This is the smallest set of contributors but they are the mots experienced
- To target specific channels, use the checkboxes to enable or disable each individual channel.
- If the job contains explicit content, enable the 'Contains explicit content' setting and the channel section will automatically adjust to channels that accept adult content.
- Once this setting has been enabled do not adjust the channels
Note: For more information on how to target contributors who are in specific countries or who speak a certain language, please check out this article.
Fig. 2: Displaying the Contributor Channels for External Contributors
- This option allows the launching of jobs to groups of preferred contributors created by the requestors' team
- There are two types of custom channels:
- Accuracy based custom channels
- Manual custom channels
Note: Custom channels is currently available for customers with a paid subscription. For more information on this feature please check out this article.
Fig 3. Enabling the Custom Channel Feature